Are you wondering what kinds of jobs are in high demand in the Bakken, which don’t require you to work in the oil patch? Here’s a partial list (for both the guys and gals!)…
- Railroad workers – the oil is being transported by rail for now as there are no pipelines
- Carpenters, roofers, metal framers and drywaller workers for all the housing that’s going up
- Diesel mechanics and auto mechanics - huge demand, lots of trucks and cars to service
- Fabrication welders – unbelievable demand for welders
- Doctors, dentists, nurses and other medical jobs
- Waitresses – many making HUGE tips apparently
- Anything related to metal fabrication (machinists, CNC operators etc)
- Drug screening sample collectors and lab workers – you usually have to get screened for drugs when you get a job
- Utility workers (telephone, TV sat installation etc.)
- Bartenders – lotsa people doing lotsa drinking!
- Police – needed to keep the drinkers in check etc.
- Social workers – the population explosion is bringing its share of problems
- Strippers and exotic dancers
- Carpet cleaners
- Office workers - secretaries, phone operators, etc.
- Travel planners
If you’re interested in these jobs, click on the links above, or check out our Bakken Job Board. Just punch the type of job you’re looking for in the box that says “I’m looking for”.
More to come on these jobs.